1. Create an Inviting Entryway – When your front door opens straight into the room with no designated foyer, you can build the illusion of one having an area rug. A chevron wool rug is a good example of creating a welcoming entrance and creates a nice contrast to the hardwood.
2. Make Your Living Room a Focal Point – While large rooms and tall spaces will be the inviting aspect of an open-concept residence, they also bring a challenge for organizing a cozy space for hanging out. A beautiful living space could be undefined until you place a patterned rug for an inviting and cozier conversation area. With high ceilings and big windows, the rug offers an anchor to the space and draws the eye down from the big spaces, making the room feel friendly and comfy.
3. Define the Dining Area – Simply because your house lacks a traditional dining area, does not mean you can not have one. In this contemporary living area, a large rug makes a dining area. Without walls to create tangible zones, a rug is needed to organize the space into useful areas. When choosing an area rug for under your table and chairs, make sure the rug is large enough for the seats to scoot back from the table without falling off the edge of the carpet.
4. Outline High Traffic Areas – Larger spaces often mean there are numerous exits and entrances to both the outside and other rooms. Dare to put area rugs in addition to your already installed rugs for protection. More importantly, it creates a traffic pattern.
5. Outdoor Area Rugs – Large patios can also be transformed into defined, open-air living spaces. A durable outdoor rug can carve out a great outdoor living room from a space without definite borders. A rug makes any seating area and specially in front of a fireplace an inviting creative and comfy family space for more family sharing.
With walls coming down in remodels and new homes representing open-concept design styles, rugs offer comfort and beauty when maximizing and organizing space. Perk up your decor with the addition of area rugs. Have a look at online stores which have affordable lovely rugs on sale, check out online decorating ideas and social media, get a sense for what look you would like to achieve but at exactly the same time think out of the box and dare to be different. Your family and friends will love for sure what you have chosen. Living on a budget? You will have the ability to change your decor by painting an accent wall, add a couple of decoration vases with colorful flowers or fruits, use vibrant owls and the area rugs you’ve chosen.